Monday, February 22, 2010

Just a Thought

Considering the prices we pay for stuff here in Quebec and taking into account the Goods and Services Tax we pay on just about everything, one would expect to actually receive some service when making a purchase. But that has not often been my expeience.

Going into Reno Depot or a hardware store or even Home depot, which is supposed to be the most "shopper friendly" for supplies and information when I was repairing a toilet a few months ago was rather eye-opening. I pretty much had to learn on my own, since no one was around to help me find the supplies I needed - or even figure out what exactly it was that I needed. I would have appreciated some advice - a rarity for me - but there wasn't a soul around to ask.

I recently heard about the neighbor of a friend who did a complete renovation of their kitchen. After choosing just what they wanted they priced everything out in various stores. They ended up going to the Lowes in Plattsburg. They actually rented a truck and bought all their cabinets there and drove it all home after a weekend in the US. A couple of the cabinets were custom made and one didn't fit properly, so they called Lowes, who not only took back the cabinet and made a new one at no charge they actually paid for the gas there and back!

At Lowes this couple had initially gotten a 3D rendering of their kitchen in order to view their kitchen with different cabinet options and various configurations of the cabinets and appliances, so that they could really see what they would be getting. This didn't cost them a cent.

Apparently, the kitchen renovation cost them about $7000.00 ad $3000.00 of that was the granite counter tops. Now THAT is service.

No comments:

Post a Comment