Thursday, June 24, 2010

Play Pretend

Charotte calls out "Come pyay!" and I come, unable to resist her beautiful eyes, joyful smile, her loving 2 year old's heart. We play "Chase Me", we play Hide & Seek", we play with the little toy animals. Zoe usually asks me to come play Candy Land or Buckaroo or Play Doh. Faith is fond of Peek-a-Boo and when I pretend to throw her onto the couch or at her sisters.


What do I like to play? Is napping a game? Apparently it is at my house. Lay down on the couch for a rest and you've given an open invitation for wrestlemania. I like to play pretend. Pretend I am 50 pounds lighter, pretend I am well rested, pretend the house is larger and clean, pretend someone else will make dinner, pretend my babies will never grow into pre-teens, teens, young adults with families of their own and elderly parents who will eventually need their care. Parents who will not call out come play but rather, come help.

Help me out, help me up. Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment